Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embroidery quilted tote

This little tote 'computer bag'  measures 17"w x 14"h. The pattern is from the book 'Sew Special Fat Quarter Gifts'.  I had to make a sample for the class I will be teaching the end of May at Hearts and Hands Quilts.  I ended up modifying it some, but I like the way it turned out.
The embroidery design is from OESD and is being featured in May's class. I like the light and airy floral vine, don't you?


The design, originally, was only 1 stem of the flowers.  I placed it on my USB stick and downloaded it to the Bernina 830. This sewing machine allows me to add, change size, rotate, move the design in any direction.  So I was able to see how it would look before I stitched it out. This is a great feature and helps me to do an exact placement of each piece of a design.  I love my new machine.
The front and back pieces were embroidered prior to construction.  The bottom corners are mitered and make a good floor to the tote and will make a sturdy area to hold the laptop computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment