Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today is 911

Dear Family and Friends,
This is a day for my generation that will forever live in our hearts, minds and souls. Just as WWII was the time when my parents generation had life change in an instant, I believe that '911' (Sept 11, 2001) made a drastic change in the lives of all United States citizens.
I am so proud of the way our young men and women came forward to offer support to the 'War on Terrorism'. My own Grandson-Michael Cortese, joined the US Navy after his highschool years were over, he is now serving in Japan. His Grandfather(s), Great-grandfather(s ) my Father Stewart Mann Morris- is featured in this blog today. He and many other family members served their country in various ways and I am sure that Michael feels the same pride in service that they felt. I can remember the pride my father showed when the flag passed us during a parade. He loved his nation and taught his family to love and respect the values that this nation was founded upon.
So, although '911' speaks to us now and was the worst national tragedy in this nation's history, we go forward to be a stronger and safer nation. It takes time and work to rebuild, but we ARE AMERICANS, and WE KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS NATION STRONGER FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS.
God Bless America.

3 comments: