Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Quilt







I have a friend who had her first baby in October. During the summer I started this quilt to give to little "Alex Poag" upon his birth. I had foot surgery in August, so it was the perfect thing to do while unable to use my sewing machine.



The quilt is from a printed design panel entitled Noah's Ark. I had a friend with an embroidery machine and she was able to print out Alex's name for me, and I took that piece and placed it inside the flag that used to bear the title Noah, replaced now with Alex-making it personalized. Pearl Cotton embroidery thread was used to do the hand quilting. I hope that Alex stays warm and cozy when nestled in it.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure little Alex's mother will appreciate it more then the baby for right now. And how come I knew nothing about foot surgery?

    ReplyDelete