Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From strips to a circle

I took a class from Jean Hoagland at Hearts and Hands Quilts in February.  I chose this class for two reasons: 1) I wanted a round table topper; 2) I thought the technique would be great to learn and make some christmas tree skirts.  I was more pleasantly pleased that my colors turned out so beautiful. 
This table topper is 48"across and fits the top of my glass kitchen table.
It certainly brings life to an otherwise dull eating area.  We are going to christen it tonight when we have Dorothy and Tom Rice over for supper, to celebrate Bill's birthday.
Pattern comes from an earlier version of the book 'Quilt without Corners'. I used a 9degree wedge to make the pieces, Was great fun and I plan to do another.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful it turned out! Absolutely love the colors!

    ReplyDelete