Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pillow to match the Sunset Quilt




Well, I had some (actually quite a bit) of time this week at home. I got a super bad cold and decided to stay home and rest.... it was a good rest too.


Anyway, I was able to do some catch up on old projects that have been waiting for completion. I made 4 small quilt blocks last year in the hopes to make a quilt with the flower pattern and the material; however, the blocks were small, only 5" each, that it would have been a trial to make a large King size quilt. That is when I decided on the 'card trick' pattern which I made and call "Bills Sunset" quilt.


Ok back to the pillow. It is the same fabrics that are in the big quilt so it looks good on the bed. Guess I will make another one as well. This pillow only took an afternoon to complete. The fabrics are Imported Batiks. The pillow measures 16"square. It was machine sewn. Binding, however, was done by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment