Friday, January 30, 2009

Learning new techniques




I am doing a quilt that will take a year to build. I found a sight online and am getting directions for a different block for the quilt each month. These kinds of quilts are called 'Block of the Month' (BOM), as each month you receive instructions to build on to the last block made and eventually (twelve months later) the top is complete.
I am doing this quilt in bright colors, red, green, purple and who knows what the next colors will be.... but not too worry, I won't get to crazy...it will all match up nicely.
This block is called a Feathered Star, it was difficult to do as almost all of the pieces are 1". This will be the center of the quilt. So each month as I finish the BOM I will post the progress. I can hardly wait until Saturday when another block is posted to the sight and I can work on perfecting the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment